Saturday, May 05, 2007

The One With Nelson

It is freaking strange and it has been happening almost everyday for sometime now. Working relentlessly or lying cozily, I try to get hold of my sense's for the Time, and all I see is 'Nelson'. Yes, 'Nelson' made infamous by the famed cricket umpire David Shepherd. 'Nelson' - a score of 111 or multiples thereof is considered as an ill omen. I am baffled as to why is it happening on regular basis that I look at the clock and it is Nelson. Is ill fate awaiting for me in near future? Though I am not a believer of numerology and astrology, but when something like this happens, it kind of shakes your beliefs. And probabilistically, chances of seeing a 'Nelson' on non-military clock are 4/86400 on a given day. You can imagine how disturbing it would be to see such a low-probabilistic number everyday. On the other hand, I think I should say my luck is very strong that I can strike such a chance. What if 'Nelson' does not necessarily bring ill-fate? After all who can prove it is really portent?

And yes, poor Gaurav also gets peck at 'Nelson' once in a while...poor guy! or may be who knows..lucky one!

6 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...

kahin teri bhi wicket to down nahi hone waali !!

Gaurav said...

Sinceu have been shoing NELSON to me U better hope its a good omen... coz if its a bad one it might have bad repercussions for u too... :D

Mrinal said...

hmm.. dint know 'that' is called as NELSON... I saw it couple of times on weekend ... and .. i also had a fight with Sandeep :) Donno if the two things are related!! And I wont be able to catoegorize it as bad omen or good omen either - Coz Fight with Sandeep - Bad Omen .. but after the fight.. he cleaned all kithcen.. which is Good Omen! :)

Unknown said...

I will now on keep a track of NELSON in my life.

power_of_s said...

Victim: Tu to kab se wait kar raha hain us din ka, but don't worry tereko khallas kiya bina nahi jaayenga

Gaurav: D'Oh..what can be worst than having u as room-mate? he.he..

Mrinal: Kewl..so one is on same boat as me..good to know that [:)]..so what r u gonna do? pray for more Nelson's? he.he..

Mau: You don't wanna do that until u get to know my fate

Gaurav said...

Wat can be worse for u: Staying alone.. I am the reason why you are still surviving here.. My good deeds are negating the effect of Nelson on ur life.. :) So what u are actually thinking of as a bad thing is probably a life saving event in ur life.. Me and my good deeds {which are innumerable} :D