Monday, October 23, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year People - may this New Year bring prosperity and happiness to all of you.

I was craving to write for so long but I made a 'horrible' mistake in my last post and I am still embarrassed by it. Thanks to mrinalini for pointing me that out. Knowledge is bliss but half knowledge is dangerous...lessons learned!

Yes, it's another diwali and new year away from home. Diwali means lot's of lights, praying, crackers and sweets. Well, neither I am too much of religion follower and nor do I know much about praying and traditions. I celebrated diwali like any another weekends - shopping, lots of football and outside food. And the addition was trip to Lake Cachuma.

Football - that reminds me of Crimson Tide's below average run this season. I am an ardent fan, be it football or cricket. Say it a coincidence or a bad luck but in both of the sports my team showers me with lots of disappointment. Lately, I have been irritated by this, I want to brag about my team, want to be mad fan, like other rival fans, but my hapless team performs below par. Repercussions are that I have already stopped following cricket and I have made my mind soon to stop cheering Crimson Tide. But, I would like to spare another season to this 13 times National Champions.

Had a long talk with one of my good pal last night, three years and I can already see a change of 180 degree in him. A firm believer in god, confident, energetic and intelligent chap is now atheist, dull and gullible. I wonder how much have I changed? I believe I have not.

Many of my past talks ended with people saying 'tu to baada aadmi hain'. The reason that, I am so reckless with the money is not that I want to brag about it, but instead it's same old that, money still does not hold importance in my life. It never did played importance to me in past and it would never in future. All I care for is Family, Friends and Comfort!

Things are going very cool at my workplace. Last Friday my team lead said, she thinks very highly of me and she sees me going very far in my career [:)]. I am all flattered and that does give me boost to tackle coming 2 overly busy weeks.

Mood: Energetic
Music: None

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that was not a big deal to be embarrassed about.. aaise bade bade deshon mein choti-choti batein to hoti rehti hai(Recently saw DDLJ ;))

and i donno about future but I can say that rt now u hv really gone very far in ur career - Tuscaloosa se direct Santa Barbara!!! Aur kitni door jaoge? he he he he

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too!

Dont even think to stop cheering Tide.....You might end up repenting next year. We are not getting favourable results now but we gonna rock next year for sure.

Abt you soaring high....D'u even need anyone to tell ya that?? I think anyone who knows you well, knows this well too :)

Unknown said...

abey tere leave a comment ke niche ka exam bhot dipphicult hota hai.... (word verfication wala).....kuch kar uska

merko 3-3 baar dena padta hai....:(

Anonymous said...

atheist..almost there.... gullible...pata nahi...but dull!! @!#Q$@#$ Definetely not!!!!!!! itna gyan dene ke baad bhi tu yahi samjha??? kya karu mein tera..

waise tu life mein aage jaaroor badhega...itna bharosa hain mereko...bachpan se tu jahan bhi jaata hain log bolte hain...chal chal...aage badh...hehehahahoho...

power_of_s said...

Mrinal - he..he..abhi to ek hi continent mein hoon..baki 6 bache hain!

Mrinmayee - Yes, Tide looks promising and thats why I told I am sparing them with another season. And word verification is enforced by blogger and I think its for good. No phising!

Dull boy: Well dull may be li'l out of place but I would say definetly predicatable, gullible and athiest..he.he..And rahi baat aage badhneki, teri style se bhi chalenga..after you are experienced enough to guide me..[;)]

Anonymous said...

he he.. from dull boy's comment (- chal chal aage badh).. he certainly doesn't appear dull :) Sachin u need to rephrase ur blog about him :)

Anonymous said...

predictable to ek hadh tak sabhi log hote hian..gullible mujhe pata nahi kahan se aa gaya... school ke english paper ke reference to context section mein tujhe hamesha zero milta hoga... kyonke mere context me 'gullible' ka reference ekdam galat hain... khair jo bhi hain..jaise bhi hain... sahi hain... love me or hate me..u cannot ignore me...!! :)

Priya said...

Just dropped in to check on your blog... you haven't written anything since long... Busy? Or lazy? :)