Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama!!!

After a hard long 10 months I visited Alabama, which served as home away from home, for more than 2 years. Oh boy..and I could easily feel the difference in the air. That ever green Quad, that frenzy Bryant Denny stadium, those pubs on the strip and those monumental structures on campus where I used to hang out, easily created vibes and made me feel home. It was replenishing to be there and catch up with old buds. And of course, what can be more apt than to see friends taking graduation walk. Trushant, Sarab and Shilpa took walk, this time around. Though not at best of my health during the visit, still had those all night long chit-chats to catch up with the latest happenings, still went for bowling, still enjoyed food at those old hang outs. I still had heck of a time.

But sad part, I missed some of things I so much wanted to do. I was not able to eat sandwich at Schloztsky's Deli (I am sure Mau will able to feel my pain). It was one of my all time favorite in T-town, and I swear, I can easily munch on those sandwiches everyday. I was not able to visit Bryant Denny stadium to see the newly renovated front entrance. Nor was I able to see the extravagant fountain at Ferg. I did not hangout at Black Warrior river and nor did I strolled on the Quad.

But meeting with old pals easily overweights all this out. Vishal and Sarab are now married so was able to meet their better halves, Yogita and Deeksha. I also met my old folks at my office. And I also met Dr. Smith (Graduate Advisor) and it was flattering to still get those kind offers for Phd from his side.

To sum it all up, it was fantastic trip! I am missing Alabama, the home away from home ;)

6 comments:

Victim Of Desire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Victim Of Desire said...

daru pee ke likha tha ka yeh blog...phir se padh..u will understand what I am talking about..

waise I like T-town too..small, beautiful and WARM place..perfect for a college life...

power_of_s said...

Victim: D'OH..I got that..He..he..waise hi samajh le..raat ko 3 baje likha hain so its kind of same ;)

Anonymous said...

Missed Scholtzsky's?? hehehehe. Waste hai re tu.

Mrinal said...

Did not go to Scholtzsky's, Did not see Fountain, Did not go to Stadium, Did not go to Warrior river.... To kiya to kya kiya? sirf gappe maar ke aaya kya? Met Dr Smith.. Thank God.. at least u did that! ;)

power_of_s said...

Mau: Seriously..Scholtzsky nahi gaya..to trip poora waste!

Mrinal: he.he..aur kya chaiyeh life mein..gaape maare aur Nirmala/Yogita ke hath ka khana khaya..[:p]